Pearson – Introduction to Docker and Containers
English | Tutorial | Size: 1.04 GB
5 Hours of Video Instruction
Docker containers have become the most common part of the process of packaging up and deploying applications. Large-scale technology giants such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft rely on them – so developers need to understand how to use containerize.
A Docker container is a lightweight, standalone, executable package of software that includes everything needed to run an application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings. Docker streamlines the development lifecycle by allowing developers to work in standardized environments using local containers which provide your applications and services. Containers are great for continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) workflows.
This course introduces Docker and containerization technology, why it is useful, and what the clear benefits are. He covers how to install Docker, how to run containers successfully, and how to professionally containerize applications with Dockerfile. This course offers a glimpse into real-world applications to show how the containerization and deployment process works.
What You Will Learn:
• Understand how and why Docker is essential to software development and deployment.
• Learn the difference between containers and VMs and why containers are the preferred option.
• Professionally dockerize your applications and add features to them.
• Run docker containers smoothly and seamlessly.
• Maximize usage and minimize errors by avoiding the dependency hell problem via docker containers.