English | Size: 837.78 MB
With comprehensive material on each topic and demos / labs for each section
What you’ll learn
Students will learn about Babelfish – a new database offering in AWS.
Steps to migrate Microsoft SQL Server database to Babelfish for AWS Aurora PostgreSQL
Data migration in AWS Aurora PostgreSQL
Monitoring and working with Babelfish cluster
In this course, we will learn about Babelfish for AWS Aurora PostgreSQL.
Babelfish is a migration accelerator, it helps to migrate commercial SQL Server database to Open source AWS Aurora PostgreSQL. It supports T-SQL on PostgreSQL database using an extension. This course will provide all the steps to migrate SQL Server to AWS Aurora PostgreSQL and also list various options to load data into Babelfish including SSIS, Bulk copy, native SQL scripts and AWS Database Migration Service (DMS). AWS DMS is the reccommended option to migrate data from Microsoft SQL Server to Babelfish for AWS Aurora PostgreSQL.
Below are some of the key topics covered in this course:
1. Understand what is Babelfish, architecture, implementation, tools
2. How to manage / monitor Babelfish cluster.
3. We will focus on analysis of Babelfish using Compass tool including how to download, configure and generate report.
4. A separate lecture on how to analyze compass report and generate workarounds.
5. Data migration into Babelfish cluster using AWS DMS Service.
6. Monitoring AWS Aurora Babelfish cluster.
7. Backup and recovery options
Overall goal of this course is to provide you with good idea and get started with Babelfish and how to migrate commercial database to open source. With this learning, you will be able to migrate to Babelfish easily, play around and learn more !!
Who this course is for:
This course is intended for all levels of IT professionals looking an option to migrate commercial database (SQL Server) to Open Source database engine.
If any links die or problem unrar, send request to