The Ultimate Linux Home Server Guide
English | Size: 1.34 GB
Building a home server is an excellent way to learn how to use the Linux operating system.
It also allows you to reuse any old laptop or desktop computer for something everyone in your home can use:
– Save files from your laptop, phone, etc to one central location
– and watch movies from the internet
– Upload your photos, view them from your phone and back them up to the cloud
Building your own server will take you behind the scenes on how an operating system really works.
Using software which is 100% free, you will learn
– How to install, maintain and secure a working Linux server
– What are the differences between the various Linux versions
– How to use your server as a personal secure web server and file server, and where to get ideas for other uses for it
– Key linux command line skills and how to put them to practical use
– How to troubleshoot common problems as they happen
Build your skills which can be used in your workplace, and learn how to monitor, secure and backup your own private server.
The able guides also provide a wealth of information for you to take away and study at your own pace.